Thursday, January 21, 2010

3 More V-Day Designs!

This time I am trying to stay on top of getting these nail designs done in advance so you can actually have the chance to use them! I almost feel like it is a bit too early to be posting these but then again I’d rather be early than late.



The first design is one that can be worn on all fingers or, for something more work appropriate, just one accent finger. The color scheme (like most V-day’s) is pink and white but instead of red I went with a deep berry called ‘Manicurist of Seville’ by OPI (Espana Collection). This was my first time using it and I was quite impressed. The color was opaque in one coat and of the quality one would expect from OPI. For this design I also used a dotting tool, Stripe Rite Polish in White, and Sinful Colors Polish in ‘Easy Going’ which is a baby pink. To top everything off and give some shimmer I added China Glaze ‘Golden Enchantment’ to the outer most sections.
Design 1:

(There is a glare--hard to take good photos with no sunshine :( )


For the second design I chose something which is very simple but still in keeping with the holiday. This French manicure used Rimmel ‘French Rose’ (sheer pink cream) as the base. This color is excellent at evening out your nail color and adding a bit of shine. The tip in China Glaze ‘Ruby Pumps’ and the dots are Sinful Colors ‘Easy Going’.
Design 2:


For the third design I went back to my 80’s child roots and chose some fun and funky colors. The base color was a white from Zoya entitled ‘Purity’. The three colors I used to create the hearts are all personal favorites of mine: China Glaze ‘Spontaneous’ and ‘For Audrey’, and OPI ‘Strawberry Margarita’. This isn’t much different then my last post in terms of the design but it was a fun way to change that design around to make it look quite different.
Design 3:


I hope you’ve enjoyed these designs. If you have any requests please leave them in the comments sections. You can also check out the corresponding video to these designs here:

2 comments:

  1. Hi Audrey- I came across your blog and think its great! love your designs! i am writing a post right now for my blog on cute nail polish designs and wanted to know if i can include the picture of your valentines designs (and maybe 2 others) if i include your blog name and link back to you? let me know :)
    thanks!
    stephanie
    www.designcocktail.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow your nails are super cute!! I wish I was skilled enough to be able to recreate this!

    ReplyDelete